Friday, November 27, 2009

AIN'T GONNA STUDY WAR NO MORE

I'm not going to listen to the President's speech Tuesday about the Afghan war.

I already know that he will announce sending 34,000 more soldiers, at a cost of 34 billion in borrowed dollars per year, to end the war in victory.

I already know that some of those soldiers will die; by enemy fire, by friendly fire and by their own hand, for no reason at all.

I already know that some of those soldiers will kill innocent Afghan men, women and children for no reason at all.

I already heard this same speech about escalating a senseless and failed war in Vietnam many times during the 1960's and 70's by President's Johnson and Nixon.

I already heard this same speech about escalating a senseless and failed war in Iraq many times during six years under President George W. Bush.

I already know we are going bankrupt establishing an empire of client states in the Middle East that only make anti American terrorism more attractive and America less safe.

And I already know the outcome: The war party wins again...and America loses.

Also published in the Chicago Sun Times, November 30, 2009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home