Saturday, September 17, 2016

Worthy apology follows shameful excuse

Former State Representative Ron Sandack (R -81) gave a straightforward apology for his abrupt resignation from the state legislature, albeit two months late and after trashing his own profession to avoid telling the real reason. Yesterday Sandack revealed:
"This past July, I was the target of an international crime ring focusing on high-profile individuals luring them to engage in inappropriate online conversations with the intent of extortion,I took their bait and fell for it hook, line and sinker.Poor decisions on my part enabled me to be a victim and, as a responsible citizen, I reported it and have been working with the police throughout their investigation. I'm human. I made a mistake for which I am remorseful and ashamed, especially because I have hurt my family, and there is no greater self-inflicted wound than that."
What a contrast to Sandack's first explanation for his inexplicable resignation July 24 when he blamed the now revealed self-inflicted wound thusly:
"I wasn't looking forward to an ugly general election as it were; this additional stuff added undue pressure. It made my family uneasy and made me re-evaluate my priorities. Politics has gotten too ugly. I don't need it, and my family doesn't deserve it."
When asked if his resignation involved compromising information, Sandack replied 'No."
Politics is a noble profession because it's our method of self governance for good or not so good. Calling politics 'ugly' to deflect attention from one's persona peccadilloes is ugly, not politics. Sandack would have been well served apologizing for that insult as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home