Friday, July 27, 2018

It happened at the Walgreen drug counter



Stepped up the man in blue and requested my antibiotic to snuff out an emerging toe infection. "How much?" I inquired. "$3.30" blue man responded. "Too much, can't afford it" I joked, drawing a pained look from the drug dispenser. "How much if no insurance, a hundred bucks?" I persisted, throwing out an absurdly high number. The annoyed employee looked at the paperwork and shot back, "A hundred and five". Now I was no longer amused. There is something very wrong when the richest country in the world charges a person of means $3.30, but slams the poor bloke of little or no means thirty-two times that for a vital medicine. That is why I work every day to elect people to office who support Medicare for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home