Sunday, March 15, 2020

Why I will vote for Bernie Tuesday


His electability may be slipping away, but I’m voting for Bernie Sanders for President in the Illinois Primary Tuesday. I will do so for the same reasons I voted for him in 2016. He addresses the critical issues which damage our political culture, our society, our future and are not being fully addressed by the other wing of the Democratic Party.
Bernie opposes senseless overseas interventions which squander our treasure while getting thousands needlessly killed.
Bernie demands we address the national disgrace of growing income inequality in this 21st century Gilded Age.
Bernie understands the climate crisis is an existential threat that must be met head on without delay.
Bernie will work to quickly end the national shame of suffocating college debt inflicted upon students by the rapacious financial industry.
Bernie will unequivocally embrace the urgent need to extend the basic human right of decent health care to every American.
Bernie will champion an end to slave wages degrading tens of millions in the otherwise richest country in the world.
Bernie will fervently work to reform our cruel, wasteful, criminal justice system which imprisons 25% of the world’s prisoners from just 5% of the world’s population.
Not blessed with ESP, I have no idea how either Democrat will do against the morally, ethically and intellectually deficient pretender in the White House. Either could win…or neither. Therefore, I’m casting a vote I can be proud of. I’m aiming high, voting for the America I envision for myself, my children, grandchildren and future generations. This is a conservative vision of America in the truest sense of the word conservative.
And should Bernie not win the nomination, I will work to elect the less conservative Democratic candidate and push him toward that vision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home