Tuesday, December 27, 2022

“Too personal” Mr. Wilson? Then drop mayoral bid


Eight of nine major Chicago mayoral candidates released tax records in line with critically needed financial disclosure to vet candidates. Only the likely richest, Willie Wilson refused.
His response to the instant ‘Why not’ question was revealing, tho admittedly honest. “I think it’s too personal. That’s the way I think it. I’m not in office yet.”
Even worse, Wilson refused to agree to release his financials should he be elected. “I probably wouldn’t have a problem then. But I’m not in office now.”
Probably wouldn’t?
The public should be wary of any candidate for high office who refuses to take that most basic step of transparency. The last guy who did that nearly destroyed American democracy trying to overturn his re-election defeat with an organized insurrection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home