Thursday, February 09, 2023

Three-term Ted: Hypocrite of the Year


I’ve never understood career politicians who make term limits a signature plank on an otherwise valueless agenda. It’s as if they’re telling the public that all our troubles will magically evaporate if we can just banish those worthless career pols gobbling up governmental largesse. Then they promptly run again for the umpteenth time to gobble up more of our precious tax dollars.
Take lifetime pol Ted Cruz who’s been in politics and government since 1999, the last 11 years as Texas Senator. He appeared on Face The Nation yesterday to proclaim his prescription for America: a Constitutional Amendment to limit House member to 3 terms (6 years) and Senators to 2 terms (12 years). When host Margaret Brennan reminded Ted his announced 3rd term campaign may be viewed as hypocritical, Ted smiled, saying: "If and when it passes, I will happily, happily comply. I've never said I'm going to unilaterally comply."
Three Term Ted left out the last part of his planned response: “Since no chance of such amendment…I’ll stay in the Senate till they carry me out in a box.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home