Friday, June 22, 2018

Any more Dr. Daughtrys out there?


I applaud Dr. Barry Daughtry of Oak Brook who left Illinois for Wisconsin under the 'Three strikes and I'm out' rule (Trib letter 'Fed up', June 22). The most egregious offense cited was the additional $7,000 in property tax he has to pay over the past 21 years living in toney Oak Brook. Offense No. 2 was inability of the Tollway Authority to process his online request to replace a lost I-Pass device. Strike three, which sent Daughtry to the dugout, opps, I mean Wisconsin, was a red light camera violation attributed to being "more tired than usual". During my weekly drive to Chicago from Glen Ellyn, I've got to plan my timing carefully to avoid tie ups from the mass of humanity driving in and out of one of the most vibrant cities and suburban areas in the country. Next time traffic slows on the 'Ike' I'll ponder if some of these folks might follow the good doctor on a one way trip north, never to return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home