Friday, June 14, 2019

Hat's off to hat retriever

It happened at Chicago and Western Avenues in Ukrainian Village. Crossing the busy intersection with my hand firmly grasping three year old grandson Alex's tiny paw, a gust of Chicago wind sent my favorite baseball cap flying. Reaching the east side of Western I looked back to see my chapeau resting in front of a car tire just seconds away from grinding it into the pavement. Had I not been tethered to Alex I might made a dash for it as the crossing light was still green. Just as I thought 'nice knowing ya', a young man appeared from one of the waiting cars, scooped up the Nike, bounded across Western to drop it in my outstretched hand before retreating to his vehicle. Didn't even get to thank him properly. He's probably already forgotten his incredible act of daring and simple kindness. I never will.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home