Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Antifa Nation


I must thank President Trump for a moment of personal enlightenment. He’s made me aware that for the past 70 years I’ve been a member of the domestic terrorist group Antifa. Back around first grade my parents informed me about WWII, the Holocaust and Nazism. It was a difficult concept for my young brain to grasp but it spurred a lifelong commitment to anti fascism, which is precisely what Antifa is short for.
Seven decades on we have a cynical, McCarthy channeling president using the very name for today’s anti fascists to demean every person or group who opposes his quasi fascist tactics to maintain his grip on the presidency. He demonized Antifa twice yesterday before his deplorable action of sending the military, firing rubber bullets, flash-bangs and tear gas to stampede and clear peaceful protesters out of his path to walk from the White House to a nearby damaged church for a ‘law and order’ photo op. Trump missed the irony of pledging his solidarity for peaceful protesters, demanding justice and jail for violators; then behaving like the violators he pledged to arrest.
I wear my Antifa moniker with honor. Anti fascism…now more than ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home