Sunday, October 08, 2023

Negotiate drug prices with pharmacies, insurance companies

 Negotiate drug prices with pharmacies, insurance companies

Brain doc prescribed me new migraine med. Called Walgreens and was told the 12 pills cost $350 buckaroos cause not covered by Medicare and drug suppliment. Told the pharmacy lady that was outrageous and asked if she could come up with a good customer discount for all the moola I spend there. She put me on hold. Came back a couple of minutes later. "I've come up with a discount so you only have to pay $43.59 for the 12 pills."
What is going on here? A savings of $306.41 (88%), just by complaining and asking for a better price.
Then I called Blue Cross inquiring about 3 one month migraine injection drugs (one shot per month). Told that one wasn't covered, but the other 2 were Tier 3 drugs. Cost? $45 bucks a pop with a $505 deductible before even having the privilege of the $45 cost. Complained again, asking for Blue Cross to appeal the Tier 3 ruling. The Blue Cross lady said "Sure, I'll put that request in." "How much if successful" I inquired. "Well with Tier 2 its $5 a shot; for Tier 1 its $1 a shot, and no deductible for either Tier 1 or 2. She was pretty sure my appeal will be successful.
How many extra billions are drug companies, insurance companies and pharmacies making by simply telling customers the outlandish price which is paid willingly by so many?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home